Looped Fingers Empowering Tool
The Looped Fingers approach is an empowering Coach tool. Teach your clients how to use this Coaching tool to empower themselves.
Process for Using the Looped Fingers Empowering Tool:
• Form a loop like an OK sign with the pointer finger and thumb of your left or right hand.
• Place the thumb of your other hand through the loop you just made and bring the tip of your index finger of the same hand to tough the tip of your thumb thus forming a loop with your second hand. The loops are intertwined.
• Ask a question that can be answered by yes or no, true or false, right or wrong; or make a statement that is true or false, right or wrong.
• Hold your finger loops tightly and try to pull your hands apart.
• If you can easily pull your hands apart, this indicates a weak or negative response. The answer to your question is "no." It could also be false or wrong depending upon how you asked your question. The response to your statement is likewise negative, no, false or wrong.
• The harder it is for you to pull your hands apart, the stronger the positive response is to your question or statement. The answer to your question or response to your statement is positive, yes, true, right or correct.
When you do break one or both loops, one of three things can happen:
a) one loop breaks and your thumb and finger form a new loop almost immediately,
b) one loop breaks and does not form a new loop -- your thumb and finger stay apart, or
c) both loops break and may or may not reform.
d) all of these things mean he same thing - the loop is broken and you have a negative response.
Relax, focus on your question and use the Looped Fingers Empowering Tool.
Video Demonstrating the Looped Fingers Tool
Another Video Demonstrating the Looped Fingers Tool
Variations on the Looped Fingers Empowering Tool
The process is exactly the same if you use any other finger. Some people prefer using their middle or ring finger on one or both hands when forming the loops. Others use one finger until it gets tired and then use another finger on one or both hands.
About sixteen out of one hundred people (16%) obtain reversed answers. That is, their loops remain strong for negative responses and weak, or easily broken, for positive ones.
If you are one of these people, you will easily pull your loops apart whenever the answer is right, true, yes or positive. Your loops will remain strong for answers that are false, untrue, wrong or no.
About four out of one hundred people go weak when they are feeling poorly whether the answer is true or false, right or wrong, yes or no, positive or negative. This is one reason we always suggest you test yourself first. If you have any questions about this, please review the introductory material.
Practice doing the looped finger empowering tool until it becomes natural for you. Then proceed to your next assignment.